Monday, September 18, 2006

Tonight's Run and Updated Goals.

Tonight I ran 16 minutes and 48 seconds.
Then I got into the car and checked the length. It was 1.7 miles.

The coolest part is that I didn't have to stop and walk even once. It really helps to listen to music while you run so that you don't think about how you can't breathe and you're seconds from death.

Since I survived, I'm thinking I could EASILY be ready for the Turkey Trot (Bowling Green's 5K run)on Thanksgiving weekend. It's only 3.2 miles. I did it once a few years back, but I had to stop and walk several times during the event.

Want to do it with me?

I think planning to do this would be good motivation to get me out running a couple of days a week. waddaya say?

1 comment:

kelly said...

sure, let's try it. it's going to be cool tomorrow, so i'd like to go check out the greenway. i've been talking about it forever so i think it's about time i actually check it out. i hope they have those workout stations along it!
no cokes tomorrow. that's my baby step goal.